Summer 2022 issue
Order yours for delivery to your door by clicking here
- Morgan Super 3 – Behind the scenes at the launch
- Bristol 411 – The underrated Rolls-Royce alternative
- Paul Haussuaer – The driving for behind the Clan Crusader
- Collector – Jane Weitzmann’s eclectic collection
- Esprit group – S1 to V8 driven back to back
- Allard – The company and its charismatic creator
- Peter Davis – 55 years racing the same Ginetta G4 worldwide
- Riley Royale – Reviving the coachbuilt spirit
…and much more!
Rich Duisberg was commissioned by Morgan to present the official launch video of the Super 3, giving him behind the scenes access to the new three-wheeler. His story on the new car is in Issue 4 of Alternative Cars.
Looking for a less obvious alternative to a classic Rolls-Royce? The Bristol 411 could be the car you’re looking for according to Emma Woodcock, who drove a freshly-restored example.
Paul Haussauer led a band of Lotus colleagues to leave Hethel and set up on their own. The Clan Crusader was the result, an offering that burned brightly if briefly. He revealed the ups and downs in our interview in Issue 4.
From Grinnall Scoprion to two-stroke Suzuki LJ, Jane Weitzmann’s car collection is nothing if not eclectic. One thing unites them all: she enjoys driving every single one of them.
From 1970s S1 to 2000s V8, the Esprit changed greatly over its long life. We drove six of them back to back to tell the story of its evolution.
Allard was one of many post-war British car-makers that could have gone on to greatness. Richard Heseltine tells the story of this short-lived manufacturer.
Peter Davis has been competing in the same Ginetta G4 since 1966, from club-level circuit races to top-flight rallies around the world. Richard Heseltine met him to hear the best tales from many adventures.
John Barlow has been designing and making cars since the 1980s. Now retried, he hasn’t stopped – he’s just switched to making cars he wants for himself. This Riley-based one-off is his latest creation, and it’s utterly wonderful.