Winter 2022/2023 issue
Order yours for delivery to your door by clicking here
- Marcos LM500 – Road-going racer or GT car?
- Lamborghini LM002 – The performance SUV that gets our approval
- Lenham Sports Cars – The story behind the diverse Kent team
- Triking road trip – Two rallies and several countries in a three-wheeler
- Alternative venues – The best less obvious places to take your Alternative Car
- Ariel Atom buyers’ guide – How to get a great one
…and much more!
With its gaping air scoops and musclebound wheelarches, the Marcos LM500 looks like it wants to kill you. But, as Richard Heseltine found out when he got behind the wheel of the car from the original sales brochure, it has a much friendlier character.
At Alternative Cars, we’re not big fans of the performance SUV genre… with one exception. The Lamborghini LM002 arguably gave birth to the breed, and nothing has done the job in the same way since.
Lenham’s history is exceptionally varied, the Kent-based marque turning its attention to all manner of aspects of the specialist car world. Richard Heseltine navigates his way through a complicated story.
Fancy taking a Triking three-wheeler to 12 Alpine passes in as many hours, with only the vaguest of directions? Contributor Chris Rees rose to the challenge in his very own car, and would do it all over again.
Resident automotive adventurer Rich Duisberg suggests some alternative destinations to suit your Alternative Cars… and there’s not a Stelvio, Nürburgring or Caffeine and Machine in sight…
The depths of winter might not be the obvious time to go shopping for an Ariel Atom, but you’ll thank yourself come spring. Make sure you find a good one by following our detailed buyers’ guide.